Hey "RUSH" FAMILY.
I am writing to announce that I will be the head coach once again for the 2010 Oak Grove "RUSH". I am very excited and looking forward to an excellent season. I know we have a few new returning players and a few players that I have not coached but can't wait to meet you guys. While we did not go undefeated last year or go to Nationals, I believe we accomplished our main goals: Had fun, learned the fundamentals of football and we all got better. I wish to accomplish these same goals for 2010
Now on to this year. I have been working to develop a stronger team along with a new coaching staff this year since the week after our season ended. I can honestly say, I'm excited and can't wait for the players and parents to see what we have in store. . I have added several coaching positions with defined roles. These defined roles have committed our coach's to not only put in time on the practice field and game time, but also to put in time in meetings off the field. The bottom line here is that I am holding our coach's accountable for ensuring that our kids are educated in our system. #1 safety. #2 is learning the basic fundamentals of the sport and #3 is to wanting the kids to enjoy the game and return the following year to play again. My vision is to ensure our coaching staff has good collaboration, communication and dedication to the sport.
Oak Grove Youth Football
P.O. Box 23442 San Jose, California 95153
Dear Parent and Participant,
Congratulations on your successful sign up for OGYF. This year again over 400 children took advantage of early sign-ups. A couple of teams filled up the first day so not everyone got on the team they wanted. See the mailing label on this letter to see which team you are on. All uniforms and equipment from the previous year must be turned in before your child is officially on a team.
1. 2009 Results – Football: OG won 4 of 5 D1 NorCal Championships. The OG Rattlers took second place at AYF Nationals, the Roughriders took 4th place and the Renegades won the Sportsmanship Bowl award. The Cadet Roadrunners and Rampage also qualified and participated at nationals. Cheer: The Roughriders and Renegades took first place and brought home National championships, Jr. Peewee Rebels place 3rd , The Cadet Roadrunners did well as they were invitational for the OG Cheer Program. The Renegades and Rebels Dance teams took dance to a new level for Oak Grove competing all over the bay area. Renegades Dance – 1st place in all bay area competitions. Also Overall Grand Champion with a paid entry fee to Jamz Nationals.Our JP Dance Teams did well this year winning the Conference Championship and moving on to Jamz Nationals along with the Renegades, Roughriders Cheer and Renegades Dance. All teams will compete the weekend of January 29-February 1, 2010.
2. FINANCIAL INFORMATION - Major changes for 2010 DUE TO BINGO include a $40 reduction in Equipment Fees which for 2010 is only $50 (down from $90 in 2009 after leaving Pop Warner and $250 in 2008 our last year in Pop Warner).
3. Report Card – Please be advised you will need to turn in report cards for the last semester of the school year at Information Night
4. Information Night will be held Thursday July 16, 2010 at 6:00 PM at OGHS.
5. Physicals – If you are going to take a physical on your own (OGYF offers free physicals in July) make sure you contact your head coach so you can use the proper form.
6. Please e-mail OGYF95123@yahoo.com or mail a letter to OGYF – P.O. Box 23442, San Jose, CA 95153 the letter must be post marked by February 28, if there is a problem or you were signed up on the wrong team. If you tried to sign up for a team that is full, you were placed on a team with openings. If you prefer to be on another team’s waiting list, please let us know in writing. After March 1 switching teams is not permitted except on the Tiny and Mighty Might Levels. If you have questions regarding whether or not to switch teams, please contact Mike Cummings (408)835-4369 for football and Kristi Mercurio (408) 578-7598 for cheer.
NOTE: Also enclosed are head coaches contact info and the current OGYF Board of Directors. Thanks and we hope this season will be a great experience for you and your family!!
Champions aren't made in the gyms.